Washington, D.C. – (RealEstateRama) — U.S. Senators Susan Collins and Angus King welcomed the announcement that five community organizations in rural Maine will benefit from a total of $206,400 in grant funding from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). The Houlton Band of Maliseet Indians, Downeast Salmon Federation, Eastport Arts Center, Aroostook Dental Clinic, and Unity Barn Raisers will all receive grants to further their work in Maine communities.
“Community organizations across Maine go to great lengths to make our state stronger, and these federal grants will help five impressive groups as they go about their important missions,” said Senators Collins and King in a joint statement. “The Houlton Band of Maliseet Indians, Downeast Salmon Federation, Eastport Arts Center, Aroostook Dental Clinic and Unity Barn Raisers are all hard at work to improve their communities, and we applaud these investments in the future of Maine.”
These grants come through USDA Rural Development, a sub agency that works to improve the economy and quality of life across rural America. The funding for these projects has been awarded through the Rural Development’s Community Facility Grants program. More information on each individual grant is available below:
· The Houlton Band of Maliseet Indians (Houlton) will receive a $29,700 Community Facility grant and a $20,300 Rural Economic Impact Initiative grant for the development of a tribal cemetery in Littleton.
· The Downeast Salmon Federation, Inc. (Machias) will receive a $50,000 Community Facility grant to complete the third and final construction phase at the East Machias Aquatic Research Center.
· Eastport Arts Center (Eastport) will receive a $50,000 Community Facility grantfor energy conservation improvements and costs savings by replacing outdated appliances and increasing the insulation value of the facility’s walls.
· Aroostook Dental Clinic, Inc. (Presque Isle) will receive a $35,500 Rural Economic Impact Initiative grant to purchase a new central nitrous system and additional operating room instrumentation.
· Unity Barn Raisers (Unity) will receive a $20,900 Rural Economic Impact Initiative grant to help replace the community center’s sill and install three heat pumps to assist with energy efficiency measures.
More information on these grants is available HERE from USDA Rural Development in Maine.