|Search more Real Estate News on 98 real estate sites|
Foreclosure Diversion Program Will Hold Informational Session For Homeowners Facing Mortgage Foreclosure at Ellsworth District Court on February 26, 2010
February 25, 2010 – (RealEstateRama) — Chief Justice Leigh I. Saufley announced that on February 26, 2010, the Foreclosure Diversion Program will hold its first informational session at the Ellsworth District Court for homeowners who have been ordered to attend as part of the foreclosure mediation process. The Foreclosure Diversion Program is the result of the recently enacted P.L. 2009, ch. 402, An Act To Preserve Home Ownership and Stabilize the Economy by Preventing Unnecessary Foreclosures. In accordance with the new law, the Supreme Judicial Court established a statewide program to provide mediation services in certain residential foreclosure actions in Maine.
The informational session is the first step in the foreclosure mediation process for homeowners in an eligible foreclosure case. After a homeowner has responded to a foreclosure summons and complaint, the court will order the homeowner to attend an informational session, where he or she will learn about the mediation program, the types of financial information he or she will need to gather, and what community resources are available to assist. Lenders and their attorneys are invited to these informational sessions, although they are not required to attend. Following the informational session, the court will schedule mediation for the homeowner and lender.
“Judges, clerks, and community service providers have put a lot of time into planning for these sessions so that both parties to the mediation will be well prepared to talk about potential alternatives to foreclosure. It is our hope that many of the cases currently on the dockets will be resolved through the mediation process,” said Lauren Blake Weliver, Manager of the Foreclosure Diversion Program.
For more information about the Foreclosure Diversion Program, visit the FDP website at: www.courts.state.me.us/court_info/services/foreclosure/index.html
Lauren Blake Weliver, Manager Foreclosure Diversion Program (207) 822-0706 FDMP (at) maine (dot) gov
Directions to the Ellsworth District Court are available at here.
No related posts.
- MaineHousing evaluating senior housing options
- Maine State Housing Authority Best Resource for Focus on Critical Senior Housing Needs
- MaineHousing offers first-time homebuyers an Advantage
- Greater Portland CareerCenter to host Job Fair at Its New Building on March 4
- New Law Will Improve Foreclosure Process in Maine
- Senator Snowe Demands Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac do Their Part to Protect Homeowners Before Asking for Additional Support
- Attorney General Janet T. Mills Funds Foreclosure Relief Efforts
- Attorney General Janet T. Mills Announces Reprieve for Homeowners
- 30 Home Heating Oil Tanks Being Replaced to Protect the Well of the Patten Water Department
- Snowe, Feinstein, Bingaman Applaud White House Support for Increasing Energy Efficient Commercial Building Tax Incentives
- Foreclosure Diversion Cases to Stay at Bridgton District Court
- Reliant Mortgage Voted #1
- Maine DEP Helps Give Belfast Homeowners Free Home Heating Oil Tank Upgrade
- Snowe Suggests Helpful Home Heating Resources in Anticipation of Higher Heating Costs this Winter
- Property Tax and Rent Refund Program Now Available